CBUSA’s annual Power 30 conference is the ultimate learning and networking event for top builders, material suppliers and brand manufacturers in construction. It’s the most highly anticipated event for CBUSA members each year.
Elite builders from all over the U.S. gathered in Austin, Texas, for a jam-packed, two-day conference that included scheduled sessions, a supplier and brand expo and off-site special events. It offered a chance for builders to learn while networking with their peers and fellow leaders in the industry.
Not able to attend this year’s event? Don’t worry – we’ve put together a quick recap of key insights for you.
1. Congratulating this year’s CBUSA award winners
Power 30 is all about uniting independent business leaders for a celebration of excellence in the construction industry. CBUSA leaders had the honor of presenting three awards to recognize the incredible accomplishments of some outstanding members.
This year, the three annual awards were presented to:
The Wally – Walter G. Schwartz Award for Excellence
Presented to the CBUSA partner who demonstrates true excellence in support of our network and its builder members.
- Jeff Cash, Ferguson
Recognizes a builder who demonstrates unparalleled dedication, loyalty and commitment to the CBUSA network, preferred local vendors and national suppliers.
- Daniel Morse, president at Triple A Homes
- Gerry Felton, vice president of construction at Triple A Homes
William S. Smithers III Lifetime Achievement Award
Honors a builder who has demonstrated outstanding leadership, tireless commitment and an unparalleled level of integrity in support of the CBUSA mission.
- Triangle Builders Guild – Raleigh chapter
2. Introducing new brand partners
Six new brand partners joined the CBUSA program this year, and they presented their offerings to conference attendees. They showcased their brands and explained what their exclusive programs will offer.
Check out their websites to learn more about their products.
- Emser Tile: Designs and produces some of the world’s finest tile and natural stone with the most comprehensive selections for interior and exterior products.
- Ferguson Lighting: Provides expertise, solutions and products for infrastructure, plumbing, lighting, appliances and more.
- RTIC: Offers top-notch coolers and drinkware products needed for the workday – keeping food and drinks cool on the job site.
- Ply Gem: Provides a range of home exterior products such as windows and siding that can be customized to fit any home design project.
- GAF Roofing: Takes roofing innovation seriously with their industry-leading portfolio of patents and products that are stronger, safer and more sustainable.
- Mohawk: Leads the industry as a trusted brand in flooring with products tailored for each market, including high-performance and environmentally friendly flooring collections.
If you’re interested in enrolling with these new brand partners, log in to the CBUSA Member Portal and go to Contracts Central.
3. Understanding the construction market and where it’s headed
This year’s lineup of speakers was inspiring, and attendees took away key business insights from each one. However, one of the highlights this year was the market forecast presented by two leading economists in the construction industry. Mark Boud and Brad Hunter came together to share helpful information that’ll help builders plan for any uncertainty in 2024.
Here are a few of the key takeaways:
- Job growth will continue in the coming months, according to the National Labor Force and Civilian Employment
- There will be opportunity for sound investment in existing and emerging economic areas:
- Conversion to clean energy
- Investments in infrastructure
- The Treasury yield remains high, but predictions indicate it’ll soon begin to fall and that mortgage rates will follow toward long-term stability
- Housing demand will remain above housing supply, and home prices will remain overvalued through 2027
4. Getting to know leadership from top national brands
One of the main events every year is the brand partner expo where builders can network with our incredible lineup of manufacturing partners and national suppliers such as Kohler, JennAir, James Hardie and Ferguson – just to name a few.
If you’d like to attend our annual Power 30 conference and take advantage of these unique opportunities, it’s essential that you’re highly engaged as a CBUSA member. Partner with your regional team to discuss available programs that are a good fit for your business. Working with as many national suppliers as possible will ensure you get the most out of your CBUSA membership and allow you to take advantage of exclusive benefits.
Want to be included in next year’s event?
Inquire about becoming a CBUSA member today. We’re always looking to grow our network of professional builders, preferred local vendors, brand partners and manufacturers.
We’re also looking to expand into new markets. Visit our website to learn more about how to start a new chapter in your area.