How It Started
CBUSA was created by a group of Northern Virginia custom and independent builders in 2004 who believed they deserved the same buying power as large-scale residential construction competitors. They knew if they worked together, they could begin to buy like the big builders and stop leaving money on the table.
Since then, CBUSA has grown to over 500+ premier homebuilders in cities across the country. This elite builder network allows us to negotiate the best prices for our members that is supported by top vendors, distributors and manufacturers on both the local and national levels.
In 2021, Buildertrend purchased CBUSA providing an even greater support network to its members allowing us to create more programs both locally and nationally, increase earned rebates and negotiate better pricing, as the nations largest homebuilder group purchasing organization.
How It Works
The CBUSA Builder Member Network has the combined purchasing volume and buying power of a large national builder. This market strength allows CBUSA Builder Members to gain purchasing advantage over their competitors and to deliver increased purchasing volume to the companies that support their efforts.
When you allow us to guide you through refined cooperative planning and buying practices, you’ll take advantage of great price savings and be a part of a supportive community of like-minded builders. The result? You thrive as an elite and profitable builder.
Become a member of CBUSA today so you can avoid missed opportunities, and instead access competitive pricing, save time negotiating and grow your bottom line.
CBUSA develops and maintains powerful, local networks of professional Builders, Preferred Local Vendors and Brand Partners. Join an established chapter or partner with CBUSA to help create a new local chapter.
Annually CBUSA’s Builder Members create a powerful network of homebuilding businesses across the country that would land in The Builder 100 Top 10 List based on home starts and revenue.
Rebates Distributed Annually
The biggest value to me in the group is the knowledge base, camaraderie and willingness to share information with the best builders in our market.
By using the CBUSA program, we now have what we consider two very good HVAC trades who are responsive, have good service organizations, have competitive prices and can handle production, commercial and custom jobs. This is a primary reason we are members of CBUSA.
If somebody is trying to go it alone, if it's a hobby, then yeah, go for it, knock yourself out. But now, if you're trying to be successful and grow your business in any way, CBUSA had huge impacts on my business.
I am a firm believer that a rising tide will raise all boats. For me to benefit, it doesn't mean that somebody else has to sacrifice or that I have to sacrifice so that somebody else can benefit.
Anybody that's looking at getting into our group, we'd love to have them, but we're going to vet them out. Once you get the group in, there's a shared camaraderie and people take ownership. We're not going to let just anybody into the group. They've got to be a quality builder in town and pay their bills, so you end up with the best of the group in your market.
There's so many aspects of a building company. Sometimes I feel like building a house is only 10% of it. It's the other 90% that you really need to focus on and being able to bounce ideas off of other builders is very helpful. In our group, we're very collaborative and trusting of each other. We've all been through ups and downs. We understand that we're in a good market and that there's enough to go around.
CBUSA's Committed Purchase Program delivers significant savings in every home that I build while maintaining a high level of service from our preferred suppliers. As one of the larger builders, I am seeing results that would be difficult to achieve on my own.
CBUSA has helped me to better operate my business by saving money through Brand Partner National Contracts and Committed Purchase Programs. It also helps by controlling cost and improving service from our trade partners and suppliers, simply by the power of numbers with regard to our fellow members and the purchasing volume it provides. I highly recommend the program to any professional home builder.
CBUSA's lumber purchase program has been a great success here in Cleveland. It is the equivalent of selling another home to the bottom line for our company and it was accomplished in a few hours of work.