Your step-by-step reporting guide
Top builders like you never miss a client deadline. Why should completing your CBUSA purchase report be any different? We’re here to make this process simple and stress free.
The best part? Completing your report pays off. This earns you rebate dollars on local vendor purchases. All you have do is follow our step-by-step guide below. If you didn’t make any purchases this last quarter, just log in and submit your report blank.
No worries if you get stuck along the way or have questions either. Our team is happy to help. We’re only a phone call or email away.
Wondering what and when to report? Here’s your answer:
- All local vendor purchases must be reported during the correct reporting period based off invoice date.
- Use the chart below to determine the appropriate dates to report for.
- Invoices must be paid on time within the vendor’s payment terms.
- Note: The dispute period allows you to double check your report and make sure all eligible spend is captured so you can maximize rebate dollars.
Invoice dates to Report: Jan. 1 – Mar. 31, 2023
Reporting Period Open: Apr. 1 – May 11, 2023
Report Due Date: Thursday, May 11, 2023
Builder Dispute Period: May 15 – May 19, 2023
Invoice dates to Report: Apr. 1 – Jun. 30, 2023
Reporting Period Open: Jul. 1 – Aug. 10, 2023
Report Due Date: Thursday, Aug. 10, 2023
Builder Dispute Period: Aug. 12 – Aug. 18, 2023
Invoice dates to Report: Jul. 1 – Sep. 30, 2023
Reporting Period Open: Oct. 1 – Nov. 9, 2023
Report Due Date: Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2023
Builder Dispute Period: Nov. 11 – Nov. 17, 2023
Invoice dates to Report: Oct. 1 – Dec. 31, 2023
Reporting Period Open: Jan. 1 – Feb. 9, 2024
Report Due Date: Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2024
Builder Dispute Period: Feb. 10 – Feb. 16, 2024
Five steps to reporting success
Upon accessing the REPORTING module, a list of active vendors will automatically generate on the left side of the screen.
On the left side of the reporting screen, enter qualifying purchases in the ‘Total Purchase’ column for each preferred vendor that your company did business with that quarter.
- You can choose to select the ‘Save’ button for each vendor one at a time or enter the purchases for multiple vendors and select the ‘Save All’ button.
- Vendors will move from the ‘Unreported Vendors’ list on the left side of the screen to the ‘Reported Vendors’ list on the right side of the screen.
Each vendor reported for has the following options:
- Edit – Allows you to edit the number you have entered. Once the user edits the number reported, choosing the ‘Save’ button that appears will save the new reported number.
- Delete – Allows you to delete a reported vendor. This moves that vendor back to the list of unreported vendors on the left side of the screen.
- Show Purchases – (This option is not necessary but is available if you’d like to use it.) Selecting this option allows you to enter individual purchase orders or invoices that make up the report for a particular vendor that quarter. When you choose this option, you can do the following:
- Select the ‘Show Purchase’ button to enter an amount, purchase order number and date associated with the itemized purchase. You can select the ‘Add Purchase’ button as many times as you wish for each vendor.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button to save the itemized entry. Once you do, the system will update the total amount reported for that vendor by adding all itemized entries together.
- Select the ‘Cancel’ button to cancel the itemized entry.
- Choose the ‘Hide Purchases’ button to hide all itemized purchases entered and display the cumulative total in the ‘Total Amount’ field for that vendor instead.
Submitting your Quarterly Report:
- Selecting the ‘Submit Final Quarter…Purchases Report’ button results in a display summarizing the vendors that weren’t reported for and those that were reported for, along with the amount. You must scroll down and click the “OK” button at the top of this small pop-up box to confirm and submit your report.
- If you select ‘Cancel,’ you’ll return to the report where you can continue to make changes. When you select ‘OK’ at the top of the summary, a confirmation message is displayed.
- Click on the “Continue” button, and you are done. Once the report is submitted, the “Submit” button becomes an “Edit quarter … purchases report.” You may go back and edit or change your report until the report due date.
Questions not answered above?
Our team is here and happy to help. Please give us a call or send an email.