CBUSA’s annual Power 30 conference is the place to be for professional builders, suppliers and manufacturers in the construction industry. It’s an exclusive event that is highly anticipated – and this year was no exception.
Elite builders came together for two days to invest in the future of their companies with the opportunity to network with other leaders in the construction industry. For nearly two decades, CBUSA has shared residential home building trends and insights with its elite members. And this commitment to building excellence is on display at every turn during Power 30.
During the scheduled conference sessions, a supplier and manufacturing expo and off-site special events, builders were able to learn while networking with their peers.
If you weren’t able to make it to the event this year, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a quick look at the top takeaways.
1. Congratulating CBUSA’s award winners for 2022
Power 30 brings independent business leaders together to celebrate the best of the best in the construction industry. Three awards were given out on the first night of the event by CBUSA leaders recognizing the achievements of outstanding members.
This year, the three annual awards were presented to:
- Manufacturer of the Year Award (The Wally): Andri Smith, EWP director of sales – Eastern U.S. at Weyerhaeuser
- All-In Award: Mitchell Bode, president of Boone Homes
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bill Smithers, founder of CBUSA
To honor CBUSA’s founder Bill Smithers, who will soon be passing his role as president to Brian Pavlick, the Lifetime Achievement Award will be renamed the William S. Smithers III Lifetime Achievement Award.
2. Introducing the new brand partners coming to CBUSA Oct. 1, 2022
There are four new brand partners who will be offering programs for CBUSA builders starting next month. Each company introduced themselves, their brand and explained what their exclusive program will offer.
Check out their websites to learn more:
- Cambria USA offers the finest quartz products your clients will love.
- Andersen Windows is America’s most loved brand for windows and doors.
- Delos gives homeowners peace of mind with their air purification systems.
- JennAir provides high-end appliances fit for any chef-inspired kitchen.
3. Getting inspired by industry experts
This year’s lineup of speakers was nothing short of incredible. Attendees took inspiration from these three experts who are leaders in their fields.
- Mark Boud, chief economist: Mark Boud is a trusted leader in the construction industry known for his economic planning and data-driven forecasting. He shared his data and insights on the economy and housing market during this period of uncertainty heading into the new year.
- Kevin Eastman, former assistant coach in the NBA: Over his 40-year basketball career, Kevin has studied what it takes to be the best. His presentation stimulated attendees through valuable teaching points challenging them to focus on how to make themselves and their teams better.
- Jeff Bauman, New York Times bestseller: As aBoston Marathon survivor, Jeff shared with Power 30 audience how his network and being in the right place at the right time helped save his life. He spoke to the importance of accepting help and connecting with a supportive group to survive and thrive in the midst of adversity.
- Thom Black, vice president of supply chain Integration at U.S. LBM: With 15 years of industry experience, Thom offers extensive knowledge in the areas of sourcing, supply chain, product management and the understanding of commodity risk management.
4. Getting the most out of your CBUSA membership
One of the main events this year was an expo where builders spent time with manufacturing partners and national suppliers including James Hardie, Andersen Windows and Electrolux.
To attend the annual Power 30 event and take advantage of opportunities like this, it’s essential to be highly engaged as a CBUSA member. You can work closely with your regional team to discuss available programs that are a good fit for your business. Working with as many national suppliers as you’re able will allow you to get the most from your CBUSA membership.
Don’t want to miss out on next year’s event?
Become a CBUSA member today and join our growing network of professional builders, preferred local vendors, brand partners and manufacturers.